Thursday 12 April 2007

I've been thinking I need somewhere else to say things rather than to friends and family. Out loud. Over Easter what happened for the last three Easters happened again. Someone in our village left a chocolate egg on the doorstep early Easter Sunday. Not quite everyone in the village gets on but most do. This gives the inhabitants two things they can do. 1. eat the egg and 2. develop their conspiacy theories about who does and who doesn't get an egg. Me and my husband have eaten our egg by mid-afternoon. I don't need a theory. I know why some people don't get eggs. So I was telling someone who doesn't live here about the egg-gift (o-oh, nice they say) but I can't stop there. I have to say if I was writing this on the fifth year...I tell them what would happen. There's silence. Not even nervous laughter. Got to stop saying things out loud.

No comments: